I'm sure I'm missing out on something good.
Lavender it self is a pretty flower so why not make a pretty cupcake =]
Last night I was looking online at recipes (as I do) and found this darling recipe
It was too cute I had share it with you
Lavender Cupcake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or substitute all purpose flour + 1.5 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (190 °C). Prepare 12 paper liners*.
- Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine. Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into paper liners.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden , then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Lavender flower (for garnish)
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and the butter. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix in.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Use either a piping bag or Zip lock bag with a hole cut out of it to pipe the icing onto the cool cupcakes. If you don't want to do the pipping you can spoon it on top.
- Garnish the topic of the icing with a few lavender flowers.
Cupcake in Training
*if you click paper liners it will direct you to a place you can buy them =]